a story lurks in every corner...

The broken siesta

I came home today from gym and then took a bath to cool myself down. I have day off from my duty on Mondays. My housemaid also took leave today. So I went to gym early in the morning by 9 am. When I returned I felt drained out and hungry and so sat down under the fan for some time and had a glass of cold milk. After an hour or so maybe I got up from bed and found that it was already 2:30 in the afternoon. I realised I had been fast asleep for all this time.
I went to take a shower and came out feeling rather unfresh although, wet. Well whatever be, I wiped myself with the towel and sat under the fan for some more time. Felt like writing something but then I was too weak to do so. So instead I set up the alarm on my mobile for another 1 and half hour.
Sleep was catching fast and I was soon diving into the world of Dreams. But after sometime, the mobile beeped. Although I didn't care to check the messages that had arrived but, the beeping on my mobile broke the chain of thoughts that I was having  in my dreams. I don't remember what I have been thinking, rather dreaming but there was an uneasiness that I felt inside me. I tried hard going back but sleep was nowhere to be found.
I tossed and turned on bed. Felt as if it was too hot and so took off my Boxers and was stark naked. I have always enjoyed sleeping naked but the ceiling fan seemed to rotate faster than it was comfortable for me. I got up and turned the regulator down. But by the time I reached my bed and was supine again, I felt sweat droplets trickle down my neck.
Finally I got up again and turned the fan back onto full speed and took my mobile and started scrolling through the messages. Soon the mobile screen flashed with the alarm that I had set for waking me up.
Realising finally that today's siesta was a total waste of time I got up and made myself a hot cup of coffee and enriched with lots and lots of chocolate powder. Finally as the coffee went inside and the chocolate had it's effect, something inside settled down. The unrest gradually ceased and I sat on my balcony watching the sunset...

No comments:

Post a Comment