a story lurks in every corner...

Can you be happy without sex?

Follow me on instagram:Instagram
At 28 I am now getting the pain of an erupting 3rd molar! Not only late for the tooth to come out but, it is causing a lot of trouble as well. Couple with it the viral fever that has gone viral in the neighborhood! And I was also not spared either.

I too contracted the fever two days back. Still there was a sore throat and malaise. And over it now the tooth-ache!!!

Well, I’ve been sitting back at home for the last two days, missed my night shift at the hospital—not that I love my night shifts, but it’s the always annoying creepy feeling that I’ll have to do two night shifts some week (one my own and the other as a payback to the guy who managed my shift yerternight), got pricky hairs on my unshaven face…

Today evening turned out better. The analgesics were working coupled with the ginger-honey tea I helped myself with. The temperature was down and so was the pain. I got up and took a shower, shaved (after the shower though, as I had nothing more to do and the hairs were irritating). I was fresh…

Then I realized I had nothing specific to do for the rest of the evening. So I turned to do something I loved. The internet! And surfing the net is one my all time favorite pass-times. So, there I was lying on my bed getting cozy with my laptop!

Sometimes searching aimlessly through the net gives out many interesting stuffs which at other times, we may not even think or, have time to consider, considering how busy ours lives have become. Well, surfing aimlessly I came across yahoo answers where a guy had asked, “Can you be happy without sex?”. Guess the guy must be a Brazilian as per his suggestive Id (The Brazilian Lover) although, one never knows if that’s what it actually is in this cyber world of hide-and-seek where many will hide behind a veil pretending to be someone they are actually not.

But, whatever. The question was interesting and as with an idle mind with nothing much to do through the evening, I went on to prod through the topic.
So I scrolled down and checked the answers. One answer went- Sex isn't the only thing that makes me happy in life. So while yes, I could be happy without sex. I prefer having sex as part of my life. It received a lot of thumbs-up as a mark of approval from other readers.

There were other comments like, “As rational human being, sex is our basic necessity in life. Is it part of our metabolism. If we work,, sleep, eat and we do not have sex, there is no meaning in life. At the end of the day, the rregular sex we have, the happier we are going to be.”, and also, “yes i am a virgin and perfectly happy with my life .... happiness should be within the soul not from outside factors you should be happy with yourself in order to sense happiness”.

Somebody rather answered by questioning, “can you be happy without sex?”!!! and there was one who said, “yes.I hate sex”.

Surely the topic and discussions were interesting enough to stir up the neural networks in the brain that had been dozing idle for the last couple of days.

So, I sat back and gave it a thought…

What I feel is that sex is definitely an important part of life (both procreative as well as recreative) 

Procreative—because if it weren’t for this, then we would not be here today, nor would there be any more future generations from us...

Recreative—a popular internet blog goes: Human beings have been walking the earth for more than 6,000 years, and we’ve been having sex for just as long! 
Sex is good. It’s pleasurable; it’s inspiring; it’s a decent form of cardiovascular exercise; it’ll help you lose weight. In a word,
sex is awesome! 

It further elaborates on the various benefits of having recreative sex like:
1. Asserting your desires can create a tremendous sense of power.
2. It might help you transcend your inhibitions.
3. You’ll learn more about your sexuality
4. You might learn about yourself emotionally
5. You might be a better partner in a committed sexual relationship
6. You’ll learn more about sex 


Then I remembered, I had also previously written on the benefits of having sex: http://drpknath.blogspot.in/2012/01/health-benefits-of-having-sex.html


Well, in the end what I can conclude is that SEX is an important aspect of life, but sex is NOT LIFE in itself..

What I mean to express is, life should decide about sex and not the other way round for a healthy and happy LIFE...


So happiness in life doesn't just come from sex only - although sometimes
sex can add some spice to it ;)


1 comment:

  1. can u live without watching a satyajit ray film....can u live without having biriyani....can u live without appreciating the magic of music or the innocence of a child......sure u can...but that life is not worth living...thats a only a life and "a life in itself."

    ReplyDelete